Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing 31: Get Organized with Plaxo

This one really serves to remind that I am going on Annual Leave in 65 days! Yes, this was the main event I put into the calendar, and I did kind of like that it counted down... but since this means it's 64 days until my last assignment for the semester is due in, I've really been sticking my head in the sand about this!!!

I do like this, and I think it's pretty useful for use all round, although I think in a way, phones that can do all the calendar type things may have already superceded an online calendar- now, I did see that the premium version offers the chance to sync to a windows based phone (not sure what a windows phone is, I can't even figure out how to attach my phone to my pc to get the pictures off it), but I do find it good in general when things go together, in the sense that I'm impressed with the way a google account is more than an email account these days.

For the library, I would say the most useful way of this kind of tool is in the larger scale internet demos such as the google one I remember we did last year. The coolest feature, imo, is being able to share calendars, and I have used this kind of feature before to make holiday/itinerary plans with people before.

For me, though, my little A5 calendar is somehow the easiest thing to slip into my bag and keep myself organised...

No comments: