Thursday, November 29, 2007

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts!

It's not surprising that 'podcast' was the word of the year, it's all over the place. I think there is some confusion that is created by this 'new-fangled' term, but the concept is simple: audio on the net. It doesn't get more simple than that, does it? (I hope not.)

I've elected to try podcast.net, and being me, checked out the 'entertainment section'. I wondered if I would find anything about the Hollywood Writer's Strike, but that wasn't to be. I couldn't find anything, so I just clicked on the television one and found a Heroes podcast.

To be honest, the podcast itself was kind of dull, but as a tool, podcasts are awesome and of the many many tools we have looked at in recent days, it's my opinion that these for libraries are one of the most useful and versatile.

No comments: