Monday, November 26, 2007

Blog About Technology

As a side note, I can now listen to podcasts- whatever needed to happen to my PC for this to happen, has happened.

"We have all come along way using technology in a very short time. Can you remember learning to use a computer and a mouse (!!!), and having to send an email instead of faxing a memo?Imagine now having to cope without these technologies"

Okay, this is a fave topic of mine, but I'm behind the game so I'll keep it brief. I LOVE technology. I heart it. I think the internet rocks and I love using it in my private life. This year I am sending real Christmas cards via snail mail to friends I met online. I like it.

I remember when my net connection was so slow it made the work ones look speedy- I would open a browser- *has memories of using netscape, which she hasn't seen for years*- and simultaneously opening solitaire, for those moments the pages took too long to load.

I went camping and was smsed each hour election updates.

I don't remember learning to use a mouse. There are terms, something like technology natives and technology migrants, referring the the generations who have acquired PC/tech use, and those which have learnt it. The problem is, when does this change? At what point do I have to migrate?

No comments: